Contact: Katarzyna Misztal
Access: short training on request, no reservation needed
The Blue Pippin is an electrophorsis-based, automated size selection tool for wide range of DNA fragments (100bp – 50kb). With pulsed-field electrophoresis it allows to resolve and collect high molecular weight DNA. BluePippin works with disposible and precasted agarose gel cassettes. Up to 5 samples per gel can be run.
DNA Gel Cassette types and target ranges:
- 2.0 % agarose, 100 – 600 bp (available in Core Facility)
- 1.5 % agarose, 250 – 1.5 kb
- 0.75 % agarose, 1 – 50 kb (available in Core Facility)
- 3.0 % agarose, 90 – 200 bp
- miRNA library isolation
- DNA, RNA and ChIP sequencing
- Long-reads sequencing (PacBio, Oxford Nanopore)
- Blue Pippin Operation Manual.pdf
- Check the Sage Science webpage for more details and manuals.